transitioning... PART 2

The turkey leftovers are gone, the relatives have all gone home...

(I decided to share MY answers with you. You made it look so fun!)

-How do you transition yourself from one holiday to the next?
 I try to just enjoy EACH holiday as they come. Although, that's very hard sometimes! I find myself looking forward to Christmas before Halloween is even over.

-When do you put up your Christmas decorations?
Usually, the day after Thanksgiving we start putting Christmas decor up. This year, the Christmas boxes haven't even made it out of the attic yet... ugh!

-Do you wrap all the presents throughout the month and put them under the tree, or do you wait until Christmas Eve?
Every other year, I have wrapped as I've bought. I have learned though, that my kids usually end up figuring out what they are getting. So, this year I am changing things up a little. I won't put anything out until Christmas Eve! :)

-Do you warn your kids that Santa might NOT be bringing them what they want for Christmas this year?
YES!! This year, especially! As my son gets older, his list gets more expensive!

-Do you decorate your Christmas tree with colored lights or just white?
WHITE!! :) My husband and I have an agreement that we switch every other year which lights go on the house outside. He loves colored, I love white. The tree though, always white!

-Have your children watched all the old Christmas movies that you watched when you were little?
My MIL just gave all of her grandkids the old Christmas movie complete set. My little guy hasn't wanted to watch anything besides those! I am loving it!

-Do you let your children open a gift on Christmas Eve?
One gift on Christmas Eve gets opened... new jammies! :)

-Does everyone have the same stocking each year, or do you purchase new ones every Christmas?
I am guilty of buying new stockings every year. It seems as though the style is always changing, and I'm always trying to keep up! haha!

-Does your Christmas tree have a different theme each year?
My sister's tree has a new theme every year. I must say that I am a little envious of her. We don't necessarily have a different theme EACH year, but it does have a theme... shabby chic!

-Artificial tree or real?
We've done real one year... never again! It smelled good, yes. But the mess was so not worth it! Real trees are prettier, though I must admit!
___________________

 I would love to hear your answers!

0 comments:

Post a Comment