Goodbye Gold!

Makeover Monday!
Here's a quick story about this bedroom set. My husband had this bedroom set growing up. When his mom moved out of her house and was getting rid of things, the bedroom set is what I wanted! So, we've enjoyed the set for almost 11 years now. I'm thinking the set has got to be at least 35 years old. I LOVE it! Although I have used the pieces for different things and they aren't necessarily a "set" right now, I hope that one day when we have a nice guest room, all the pieces will be back together again. So, some of the pieces are black, some are brown, and this one is white. Whichever room I need a piece in, I spray it to match the decor of that room. Well, this is the tallest dresser. It was an ugly brown when we got it from my husband's mom, then a couple of years ago I painted it white. I wish I would have taken a BEFORE picture when it was brown. I think the white is okay, but I hated the GOLD hardware!
 a Ralph Lauren stain, and an old shirt will do the trick to give the dresser a distressed look.
 I LOVE the stain!
 the hardware gets a coat of black spray paint
and VIOLA!
Total time spent: 30 minutes
Total money spent: $0
 a QUICK way to update the look of ANY drawer pull, knob, or hardware.
before
 after
I haven't spray painted hinges yet though, and I'm curious to see how that works. I would think that it would be hard to have it not make the hinges sticky and tough to open and close.
Have you spray painted
hinges before?
I would love to know!

*participating in THESE parties!

0 comments:

Post a Comment