aDOORable!

We made it to the next round!
Thanks again to everyone who voted!
Ready for round 3!!
____________________________
.................here's our aDOORable entry.............
TUTORIAL
__________________________
before
I've had this old 10 window paned door in my office for a couple of years. I LOVE that it has windows! I've been thinking of a couple of cute things to do with it. When the American Crafters Competition announced that the next round will be home decor, I knew this would be perfect!
I gave the door a coat (or three!) of black paint
distressed it a bit
had my cute "stud" find the studs in our wall to hang it.
This door is HEAVY!
drilled screws in the wall to ensure that this beast of a door wasn't going to fall
we put "hangers" in the back using screw and wire
perfect! ready for pictures!!
I went to Costco and had them enlarge some black and white prints
 cut them down to fit inside each window. I placed each picture on a 12x12 piece of scrapbook paper, this just gave it a finished look.
(back of the door)
For a little EXTRA effect, I painted the edges that were showing with black paint.
 DONE!! I love it!
This was a fairly simple project, although if I did again, I would do things different next time around. I would have taped off the windows, so I didn't have so much scrubbing to do afterwards. I would have used spray paint, I think it would have covered better. I would have done my picture a little bigger, so I wouldn't have any edges. We live and learn, right! :)
Time Spent: 4 hours
Money Spent: $30

0 comments:

Post a Comment