Little Black Bench

This cute bench has seen SO many colors and fabrics, I can't even count. My sister bought it from a yard sale for $1 about 5 years ago. That's right! One dollar. I remember the exact day. It was raining. The man doing the sale wanted to get the yard sale over with, so he sold it to her for a buck! It wouldn't even fit in the car we were in, so we had to bring her van back later. But, for just a dollar, we were about to pass up this beauty! Moral of the story... rainy day yard sales are awesome! Unfortunately, I don't have pictures of every single redo this bench has seen. You'll just have to trust me. When my sister had it, I believe it was pink, then white. Then she gave it to me, and since then it's been black, white, and brown... recovering the seat each time. The only pictures I could find are of it black with rose fabric.
I decided it was time for a change... again! I bought this awesome fabric a couple of months ago to make drapes with. I haven't gotten around to sewing the drapes, but I did use part of the fabric to recover my new bench (let's just hope I have enough fabric for the drapes now!)
I recovered the bottom portion of the bench with plain burlap, just using hot glue to hold it in place! :)
...and the AFTER!
I love it!
Happy Monday!

0 comments:

Post a Comment