super saturday!

For about 2 months, I have been serving in a few callings. I was called as the Relief Society meeting leader (aka Enrichment leader) about 6 months ago. I have LOVED it!! It's full of FUN (and work!) Then, 2 months ago I served as the ward girls camp director. That was TONS of fun!! While at girls camp, the Bishop asked if I would accept the call to serve as the ward Young Women's President. Yesterday I was officially released as the Relief Society leader, so I could turn all of my attention over to the Young Women. I didn't go out without a bang though! Yesterday was our ward had our SUPER Saturday. This is a Saturday once a year where all of the ladies in our church/ward get together and craft, eat, socialize, laugh, learn new things, and make new friends! It's a blast!! So, I wanted to share a few of the things that we did for the day. I thought it would be fun to have "location markers" at each of the stations. My friend has these awesome floor standing bird cage holders that I used to hang a piece of scrapbook paper from telling everyone where to go. They were SUPER cute!!
This is the station were we made these cute little wood plaques. I brought a variety of pictures in black and white, so everyone would have a choice of their favorite. You can just right click on each picture and save them to your computer, and then print them off at Costco. They painted their plaques (I bought a sheet of MDF at Home Depot and cut and routered the edges myself) black and mod podged the pictures on... way easy and WAY cute!! I found the easels HERE for just $1.00! (you will need a tax ID# to purchase from this site)
the Prophet 
the Temple
picture of Christ
This station was making a Family Home Evening chart. We have a gal in our ward that does pottery, and she agreed to supply us with the tiles and paint, and then fire them for us! After they are fired, the tiles will be dry erasable. WAY cute!!
She drilled holes in the tiles so we could attach ribbon and they will hang together. I used vinyl for the wording. Here's my finished one...
We had classes on- cooking easy meals, sewing baby blankets, quilting, haircutting, and decorating cupcakes. I wish I would have gotten a picture of the "Munch & Mingle" room, where we ate lots of yummy food. I decorated it in black, pink, and green polka dots! I didn't get pictures of all the classes, but I couldn't help taking a ton of the cupcake class! This was so much fun! The cupcake seriously looked like a professional had decorated them, and they were SO easy! Aren't these flowers gorgeous!
 These were made with marshmallows cut in half and dipped in colored sugar. Arrange your "flower petals" and then the middle of the flower is a skittle. How easy is that!
 The monster cupcakes were made with Chinese crispy noodles, dipped in melted frosting, and a pretzel with a marshmallow for the eyes. I love these!!
These are the bug cupcakes! How cute are these!!
 We traced on waxed paper the bug templates, let it dry and stick in on top of the cupcake. Then you can use frosting to make the M&M's stick.
We even learned how to play decorate with fondant. I've never used fondant before, and it was tons of fun! We colored our fondant and then cut out our pieces using mini cookie cutters, then placed them on an upside down Easter egg to give the petals a curve.
 Here's what they look like when they are finished!
Overall, it was a SUPER super Saturday! By the end of the day, my feet were dead but I had tons of fun!! We are so blessed to have such wonderful programs in the church. If you have any questions about the projects that we did, email me at sassy.sites(at)hotmail(dot)com.

0 comments:

Post a Comment